Recipes with Casey: Balsamic Glaze
Balsamic glaze is the Frank’s Red Hot Sauce of my life- I put it on everything! It’s great to add to a lightly seasoned meat or vegetable sauté. It is also works as a great accent to any meal plating.
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Mix balsamic vinegar with brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until glaze is reduced by half (for about 20 minutes).
- Glaze should now coat the back of a spoon.
- Let cool and pour into a jar with a lid; store in refrigerator.
Try putting balsamic glaze on Casey’s Bruschetta Eggs Benedict!