You Are Here: Home » News » Donahue and Archer Evacuated After Air Unit Malfunctions

Donahue and Archer Evacuated After Air Unit Malfunctions

Suffolk University’s Donahue and Archer buildings were evacuated earlier today after a malfunctioning air handling unit caused safety concerns.

The fire alarms sounded shortly after eleven this morning. Following the evacuation of students and staff, the Boston Fire Department blocked off the affected portion of Temple Street.

According to Greg Gatlin, Suffolk’s Vice President of Marketing and Communications,  “an air handling unit malfunctioned on the second floor of Donahue causing an electrical odor and a small amount of smoke.”

Firefighters followed safety protocol by responding to a possible gas leak, according to SUPD officials, but no gas leak was discovered.

About an hour after the evacuation, the building was declared safe and reopened for classes and activities.

About The Author

Number of Entries : 19

Leave a Comment

© 2013 Powered By Wordpress, Goodnews Theme By Momizat Team

Scroll to top